RADAR CHARTS (SPIDER CHART)
What is Radar Chart? A radar chart graphically shows the size of the gaps among five to ten performance areas. The chart displays the important categories of performance and makes visible concentrations of strengths and weaknesses. The relative position and angle of the axes is typically uninformative. Radar charts are visually striking, and can add interest to what would otherwise be a dry data presentation.
Generally used with
– To visually depict the incremental improvements over a period of time
– To measure performance against benchmarks
– As a visual snap shot of progress over several criteria
– The following points need to be kept in mind while designing Radar charts.
– Also, with many data points, it becomes difficult to identify the values. In those cases, petal charts are used.
Industry Specific Example?
– Used to plot a players weakness & strength
– Control of quality improvement to display the performance metrics of any ongoing program
– Comparing various cars based on their fuel efficiency, manoeuvrability, pick-up and engine power
Best Open Source Business Intelligence Software Helical Insight is Here