Steps to create a report using web service data adapter.
- Jaspersoft studio
- To configure web service as data adapter in jaspersoft studio: Web Service Data Soruce
Here we have used Jasper server rest APIs to fetch data for report creation
- Open the Jaspersoft studio
- Create new data adapter by adding web service URL and type. Add the authentication type and mention the credentials
- Open Dataset and query Dialog and select as
- Next click on Fields section and click on Get Server Response. Based on the rest API added in the previous step response has generated. See screenshot.
- Drag the fields to the right side whichever needs to be used in the report
- Click on Read Fields then the selected fields can be used in the report. Then click on OK.
- See the selected fields in the report.
- Create the report using the fields. Preview the report. See the below screenshot for output of the report
Data adapter : sample web data adapter
Language : WebServiceQuery
Base URL : rest_v2/reports/public/Samples/Reports/ProfitDetailReport/inputControls?params
Here we tried jasper server rest API to listing input control details of ProfileDetailReport and display in a report.
Content-Type: GET Parameters
As below screenshot
Best Open Source Business Intelligence Software Helical Insight is Here
A Business Intelligence Framework
In Case, if you have any queries please get us at email@example.com
Helical IT Solutions Pvt Ltd