A Domain is a virtual view, created and stored in the server without modifying the data source. Through a Domain, users see columns that have been joined, filtered, and labeled for their business needs. Security policies limit the data values users can access through a Domain. Administrators define Domains, and users create reports based on Domains using either the Ad Hoc Editor or iReport.
Creating a Domain
- Login into the Jasper server as an superuser and select Create > Domain.
- Under choose data window , select the database ( For Example : Foodmart data source)
- Next window you can see six option at the top of right hand side (Data Management, Joins, Pre-filters, Data Presentation, Security, Locales).
- Click Data Management, select schema (For Example : public).
- Select the tables which you want perform under public.
- Click Join at the top of right hand side, In join window select the fields which you want to use to join two tables, the tables are present in left hand side.
- Drag and drop the fields at main window and you can select the join type. We can create one or more joins inside the one tree (Jointree_2).
- Next click Pre-Filters, select the required fields for filter and select the type of filter ( equals, is one of, etc.,) click ok.
- Next click Data Presentation select the required fields which you want to display in the report , choose the Content type (Measure or Fields) and Summary calculation (Sum, Count, Min, Max, etc.,).
- Next click Locals > Add locale Bundles, select required language(US, French, German). Click ok.
- Click save icon > Save Domain on top of left hand side , enter the Domain name and description in required field and select path to save the domain. Click Save button.
Helical IT Solutions Pvt Ltd
Best Open Source Business Intelligence Software Helical Insight is Here