This blog explains the process of cascading filters in CDE dashboard.
- Foodmart database
- Pentaho 18.104.22.168.386
Consider the below dashboard with 2 filters i.e. Country and State.The requirement is that when we select a value in country drop down, State filter should display values of that particular country which is selected.
Go through the previous blog for addition of filters in the dashboard.
The process of cascading these 2 filters i.e. Country and State are as shown. Before cascading, values in State filter are as shown
After Cascading, values in State must appear based on Country selected.
Follow the below steps to do the same.
- Add parameter to Country filter I.e. select component as shown
- Since State filter should listen to Country.There is no state parameter required since it is dependent on Country.
- So remove parameter in State Select component and add Country parameter(countryparam) as listener, also in parameters.
- Now, we have to make changes in datasource so that state query gets executed based on country input.
- First, add a parameter to Country Query component.
- Next, add same country parameter to State Query component.
- Now, add the country parameter in the query as shown.
- Save the dashboard and preview.Output is as shown
Based on the country selected, State filter displays values.
In case if you have any queries please get us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Helical IT Solutions Pvt Ltd
Best Open Source Business Intelligence Software Helical Insight Here
A Business Intelligence Framework
Best Open Source Business Intelligence Software Helical Insight is Here